Tree Removal Melbourne

If you live in an older home, there may have been a time when the electrical system was deemed perfectly safe. However, over time, wiring can begin to deteriorate and become unsafe. This is when the Electrician christchurch comes in. To find out if it’s time to rewire your home, take a look at the following signs of outdated or faulty wiring.

You live in an older home.

If you live in an older home, the chances are good that it has older wiring. And while new wiring can be expensive to replace, the expense is more than just a matter of money—it’s also a safety issue.

The old wiring was designed with copper wires that were significantly thinner than today’s wires, and this means there’s less surface area for current to flow across. This makes older wiring more dangerous than newer ones because it requires more current for the same amount of power output. For example: if your older house uses 15 amps per circuit instead of 20 or 30 amps like newer buildings do (and even then, we’d still recommend upgrading!), any overloads or shorts will cause damage faster than they would with modern wire types.

The wires are coated or have brittle insulation.

  • You see wires with brittle insulation.
  • The wires are coated or have brittle insulation. This can be a sign that they’ve been exposed to moisture over a long period of time, which has caused them to degrade and become unstable. At this point, it’s best to call in an Electrician christchurch as soon as possible so they can assess the situation and make any necessary repairs before anything happens on your property that could cause injury or damage to property—including power outages!

Electrician christchurch

Your circuit breakers are always tripping.

If your home has a circuit breaker panel, and the circuit breakers keep tripping, that can be a good sign that something is wrong with your wiring. When there’s an overload of electricity in the wires, it causes heat and possibly even fire. To prevent this from happening, electrical panels will automatically shut off power to the circuits they serve so they don’t catch on fire or meltdown. This is why you have to reset your breakers every time something happens: The problem isn’t solved until you do!

Checking for loose wiring is usually enough to fix this problem—it just means making sure all connections are tight enough so that no stray electrons can find their way through faulty insulation or uninsulated wires (this is especially important when dealing with extension cords). If that doesn’t work, then it may mean rewiring a house altogether.

Fuses blow often.

Fuses are a cheaper alternative to circuit breakers. Fuses can be replaced without turning off electricity, which makes them a handy temporary solution for electrical problems.

However, fuses are not as safe as circuit breakers: if the current exceeds the amount of energy contained in the fuse, it will blow and stop power from flowing into your home’s circuits. In other words, you may have an intermittent problem that isn’t being fixed because of how fuses work.

If you hear popping sounds or see sparks when turning on appliances (or don’t hear any sound at all), it’s likely that some of your wirings need to be rewired or replaced entirely!

Rewiring can sound like a big and scary job, but it’s really not as daunting as you might think – especially if you hire an Electrician christchurch to do it for you. If you’re concerned about your home’s wiring, an inspection should be the first place to start.